Whoop Connect is one of the many broadband providers here in the US you most certainly don’t know. Lucky for you, I’ve been going through the company in the last 24 hours. And I can confirm the Whoop Connect free tablet is a real deal, quite decent even.
The tablet PC you receive not only has a sleek design you are going to hold with a smile. But also nice features to help make the most of your cellular and broadband service.
For instance, the Whoop tablet has a built-in SIM slot and 4G LTE connectivity. Thus, you can efficiently keep in touch with your family, friends, and employer through calls, text messages, or data services.
Among the data functions you can enjoy with your Whoop Connect tablet is streaming videos and films. And thanks to the wide 8-inch HD+ display of the device, the pictures come out more vividly than on smartphones.
More on that, continue reading the complete Whoop Connect free tablet review below. The guide will touch on the kind of device you get, how to apply, and what you need to qualify.
- Give a Free Tablet with EBT Card
- Apply For a Free Tablet From The Government
- ACP Free Tablet from Government
Whoop Connect as a Telco
Whoop Connect is a Florida-based telecommunication company that aims to help low-income individuals get affordable cellular and broadband service. It is a cellular/ broadband brand of WHOOP USA Inc., a maker and distributor of smart consumer electronics.
Most of the consumer devices from WHOOP USA Inc. are cellular tablets, plus mobile hotspots and USB dongles. So, the device you’ll get in the Whoop Connect free tablet program is basically its own product.
What’s Whoop Connect Free Tablet Program?
As just mentioned, Whoop Connect is a cellular and broadband trademark of WHOOP USA, Inc. But unlike the likes of T-Mobile or Spectrum, it only deals in the affordable connectivity program (ACP) from the government.
In the ACP program, the government has a device discount of up to $100 for all eligible consumers. The discount covers the purchase of a laptop, desktop computer, and tablet PC.
Whoop Connect is one of the broadband providers you can get the device discount with the ACP program. The “device discount” is a tablet.
While I’m calling the Whoop Connect tablet deal free, it isn’t a 100% freebie. The FCC requires all the consumers applying for the ACP program to copay a minimum fee of less than $50 but more than $10.
On their website, Whoop has noted the brand-new tablet you get has a “one-time payment of $11”. The amount falls within the range the FCC requires.
**We can still argue the Whoop tablet is free since this copayment fee is by the FCC. The carrier also doesn’t ask for the fee when applying, but rather after delivering the device. I have seen many people claim they even never pay the amount despite receiving invoice reminders.
What Kind of Whoop Connect Tablet Do You Get?
If you apply for the Whoop Connect tablet and get approved, the company will mail the order to your physical address. Hence, the reason it’s vital to enter the correct address and use the details of your permanent residence.
As for the delivery, the kind of tablet Whoop Connect gives with the ACP program is branded WHOOP Tab-8us2. It’s an entry-level device you’ll hardly find in our local market. But it still packs some decent specs and features, including:
- A wide 8-inch HD+ (1280 x 800) display
- Supports up to 4G LTE connectivity
- Built-in storage of 32GB & 3GB RAM
- Integrated MicroSD slot to expand storage
- Compatible with up to WiFi 4 (802.11n)
- Has Bluetooth v5.0 & standard 3.5mm jack
- Supports LTE bands 2/4/5/ 12/ 17/ 66/ 71
You Also Get a Whoop Connect Free Tablet Plan
In addition to the device offer, the affordable connectivity program (ACP) includes a monthly discount on broadband service. Whoop Connect is a cell phone provider. So, when you redeem the broadband discount, you’ll get not only mobile data but also talk minutes and text messages.
To be specific, when eligible for the Whoop free tablet offer, you’ll also get:
- Free unlimited talk minutes/ month
- Free unlimited text messages/ month
- Free 15GB of high-speed data/ month
- Free caller ID and voicemail/
- Free call waiting and 3-way calling
How to Get Whoop Connect Free Tablet?
The Whoop Connect free tablet is part of the ongoing ACP program from the government. ACP is usually available to only individuals on a low income or participating in a government-funded assistance benefit.
To get the Whoop Connect tablet with a low income, your amount should be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. “Amount” is the total gross income for all the working members in your household.
On the other hand, you can get a Whoop Connect free tablet by participating in a qualified assistance benefit, such as:
- Medicaid benefit
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefits
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Free and Reduced Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Special Supplemental Nutritional Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
How to Apply Whoop Connect Free Tablet Online
Overall, there are two main ways how to apply the Whoop Connect free tablet. The first method is the online approach, which is the most convenient.
To apply for the discounted tablet from Whoop online is also so easy, as you only need to:
- Grab an internet-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer
- Use the internet-enabled device to visit www.whoopconnect.com. Then, enter your zip code and click the “Check Now” button to confirm availability in your location
- If Whoop is available in your area, you’ll get a success message. Click the “Continue” button to proceed with the next step.
- The next step is to enter your contact information. So, input your email address and valid phone (to contact you if needed). Then, hit “Continue”
- Now, input your personal details, including Name, Date of Birth, and social security number (last digits). You can also enter your Tribal ID if you have one (optional). Then, confirm whose eligibility details you’re using to apply and click “Continue”.
- When you “Continue”, you’ll get a prompt to enter your physical address details. Fill in your primary address of residence, City, and State. Then, hit the “Continue” button.
- If the address is correct, Whoop will ask you to select the government assistance benefit you’re on. Select the benefit you’re using (or income) and click “Continue”.
- At this point, you’ll get the prompt to sign various Disclosures, consents, and Certifications. Go through all of them while approving the necessary ones. Make sure you select all the boxes until the “E-sign Certification”.
- When you click the “E-sign Certification” box, Whoop Connect will confirm your pre-approval success. Then, they will ask you to visit the National Verifier to get your ACP application ID.
Finish your Application
On the National Verifier page, you’ll have to provide details of your identity and eligibility again. If the system finds your profile, it will provide your unique ID instantly.
Where National Verifier can’t find your profile, you’ll get a prompt to provide proof documents. That includes documents for proof of identity, physical address, and eligibility.
Once you’ve submitted your documents, the National Verifier will run them through its database. If the details pass the ACP requirements, the National Verifier will create your profile and application ID. Then, you can return to the Whoop enrollment form to complete the application for the free tablet.
If for any reason you have issues finishing up your application, call Whoop Connect support at 1-888-200-1076 for assistance.
Apply & Get Whoop Connect Free Tablet Instantly!
It’s very easy to apply the discounted ACP tablet from Whoop Connect online. I tried it, and took less than 10 minutes during the second attempt. (The first attempt failed after Whoop flagged my contact number as “invalid”).
Besides the online approach, though, one can apply the Whoop Connect free tablet in person. Of course, the service provider doesn’t have physical dealer stores you can visit. But they frequently have enrollment agents camping in tents outside public places.
Unlike online enrollment where you apply on your own, Whoop agents will help you with everything here. The best part, you can also walk away with the free tablet instantly if approved.
Unfortunately, there’s no app locator for where you can find the nearest Whoop Connect tent. The enrollment agents usually camp randomly at spots where they feel they will find applicants.
However, you can search “Whoop Connect” (without the quotes) or “Whoop Connect tent” or “Whoop Connect tent event” on Facebook. Then, select the Events tab on the top bar to see if Whoop agents will camp in your area soon.
Commonly Asked Questions:
Is the Whoop Connect Tablet free?
Yes, the Whoop Connect tablet is free to order. The service provider will also ship the tablet to your address at no cost. However, the tablet offer is part of the ongoing ACP program and requires a $11 co-payment fee for the FCC.
Where can I get the Whoop tablet for free?
The easiest way to get a Whoop tablet with ACP is to apply online at www.whoopconnect.com. However, you can also get the tablet from Whoop agents who often camp in tents outside malls, Walmart, and community offices.
Is the Whoop Connect free tablet worth it?
In my opinion, the Whoop Connect tablet is worth it. Even when we count the $11 FCC fee, the tablet has decent features like:
- A clear 8-inch, HD+ display
- Up to 4G LTE cellular network
- Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity
- 32GB internal storage & 3GB RAM
- A slot to insert a MicroSD card for more storage
When will the Whoop Connect free tablet offer end?
The Whoop Connect free tablet offer will be ending when the FCC also announces the end of the ACP program.
Unfortunately, the FCC has just announced they will end enrolling new customers for the ACP program in February 2024. In that case, the Whoop Connect free tablet offer will also end in February.
Use your Whoop Connect Tablet Plan or Lose it
If still interested, that’s everything relevant you should know about the Whoop Connect free tablet offer. It’s a good offer if you’re on a low income or government assistance program.
Yes, the tablet you get is an entry-level brand you most likely have never heard. However, the device has better features than the Scepter tab Qlink Wireless gives you.
Also, the 15GB of data Whoop Connect gives you per month is more than what some Lifeline providers offer. So, you get to browse, read, stream, play, and use other online functions a little longer.
Speaking of using, you must use your monthly Whoop Connect Tablet Plan if you want to keep getting it. If you fail to use your service, your enrollment will get canceled and given to someone else.